ANGER & STRESS MANAGEMENT
LEARNING TO DEAL AND MANAGE STRESS EVERYDAY
ANGER & STRESS MANAGEMENTOUR SERVICES
Two Most Common Forms of Stress: Stress & Anger
Stress and Anger Management
Anger is a normal emotion that all people feel but if this anger controls your life, it can lead to many problems in home and at work. Stress is normal and healthy as a part of development, but at times it can develop at an overwhelming level. Together, both anger and stress can bring a negative impact on the individual’s mental well being and can decline the quality of life. One must learn to deal with and control their anger and stress so that the anger and stress will not control them.
When You Are Stressed, You Experience:
- Frequent colds
- Sleep problems
- Lowered libido
- Feeling of frustration
When You Get Angry, You:
- Uses passive-aggressive behaviors
- Social withdraw
- Refuses to complete assignments on timely basis
- Refuses to follow instructions or rules
- Utilizes verbal abusive language
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can develop following a traumatic event. It threatens your safety or makes you feel helpless. Those who experience a catastrophe, or is a witness of catastrophe, and/or one who must pick up the pieces after a catastrophe (including emergency workers and law enforcement officers) can develop post-traumatic stress disorder. Such a catastrophic event can even affect the friends or family members of those who went through the actual trauma.
- Intrusive thoughts or memories about a traumatic event.
- Having recurrent nightmares.
- Acting or feeling as though the traumatic event were happening again, sometimes called a “flashback.”
- Avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations about the traumatic event.
- Avoid places or people that remind you of the traumatic event.
- A loss of interest in important, once positive, activities.
- Feeling distant from others.
- Trouble falling or staying asleep.
- Irritable or outbursts of anger.
- Trouble concentrating.
- Feeling constantly “on guard” or like danger is lurking around every corner.
Contact Mathers Clinic
Contact us to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist or for more information about our services by calling (815) 444.9999. You may also email us at email@example.com. We look forward to helping you meet with a psychologist at a time that works well for you.
Respectfully Caring for the Emotional Well Being of Individuals & Families.
Crystal Lake Office
145 South Virginia Street
Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
Monday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am - 7:30pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 12:00pm
715 West Judd Street
Woodstock, Illinois 60098
Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Mathers Community Mental Health Center Affiliates:
Federally licensed facilities for opiate/opioid treatment. Full range service for detoxification.